- Introduction to StarRocks
- Quick Start
- Table Design
- Data Loading
- Overview of data loading
- Load data from a local file system or a streaming data source using HTTP PUT
- Load data from HDFS or cloud storage
- Continuously load data from Apache Kafka®
- Bulk load using Apache Spark™
- Load data using INSERT
- Load data using Stream Load transaction interface
- Synchronize data from MySQL in real time
- Continuously load data from Apache Flink®
- Change data through loading
- Transform data at loading
- Data Unloading
- Query Data Sources
- Query Acceleration
- Scale in and out
- Backup and restore
- Monitor and alert
- Manage audit logs within StarRocks via Audit Loader
- Manage a cluster
- Enable FQDN access
- Configure a time zone
- Information Schema
- Resource Management
- Data recovery
- User Privilege and Authentication
- Performance Tuning
- SQL Reference
- User Account Management
- Cluster Management
- ADD SQLBLACKLIST
- ADMIN CANCEL REPAIR TABLE
- ADMIN CHECK TABLET
- ADMIN REPAIR TABLE
- ADMIN SET CONFIG
- ADMIN SET REPLICA STATUS
- ADMIN SHOW CONFIG
- ADMIN SHOW REPLICA DISTRIBUTION
- ADMIN SHOW REPLICA STATUS
- ALTER RESOURCE GROUP
- ALTER SYSTEM
- CANCEL DECOMMISSION
- CREATE FILE
- CREATE RESOURCE GROUP
- DELETE SQLBLACKLIST
- DROP FILE
- DROP RESOURCE GROUP
- INSTALL PLUGIN
- SHOW BACKENDS
- SHOW BROKER
- SHOW COMPUTE NODES
- SHOW FILE
- SHOW FRONTENDS
- SHOW FULL COLUMNS
- SHOW INDEX
- SHOW PLUGINS
- SHOW PROC
- SHOW PROCESSLIST
- SHOW RESOURCE GROUP
- SHOW SQLBLACKLIST
- SHOW TABLE STATUS
- SHOW VARIABLES
- UNINSTALL PLUGIN
- ALTER DATABASE
- ALTER MATERIALIZED VIEW
- ALTER TABLE
- ALTER VIEW
- ALTER RESOURCE
- ANALYZE TABLE
- CANCEL ALTER TABLE
- CANCEL BACKUP
- CANCEL RESTORE
- CREATE ANALYZE
- CREATE EXTERNAL CATALOG
- CREATE DATABASE
- CREATE INDEX
- CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW
- CREATE REPOSITORY
- CREATE RESOURCE
- CREATE TABLE AS SELECT
- CREATE TABLE LIKE
- CREATE TABLE
- CREATE VIEW
- CREATE FUNCTION
- DROP ANALYZE
- DROP STATS
- DROP CATALOG
- DROP DATABASE
- DROP INDEX
- DROP MATERIALIZED VIEW
- DROP REPOSITORY
- DROP RESOURCE
- DROP TABLE
- DROP VIEW
- DROP FUNCTION
- KILL ANALYZE
- REFRESH EXTERNAL TABLE
- SHOW ANALYZE JOB
- SHOW ANALYZE STATUS
- SHOW META
- SHOW RESOURCES
- SHOW FUNCTION
- TRUNCATE TABLE
- ALTER LOAD
- ALTER ROUTINE LOAD
- BROKER LOAD
- CANCEL LOAD
- CANCEL EXPORT
- CANCEL REFRESH MATERIALIZED VIEW
- CREATE ROUTINE LOAD
- GROUP BY
- PAUSE ROUTINE LOAD
- REFRESH MATERIALIZED VIEW
- RESUME ROUTINE LOAD
- SHOW ALTER TABLE
- SHOW ALTER MATERIALIZED VIEW
- SHOW BACKUP
- SHOW CATALOGS
- SHOW CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW
- SHOW CREATE TABLE
- SHOW CREATE VIEW
- SHOW DATA
- SHOW DATABASES
- SHOW DELETE
- SHOW DYNAMIC PARTITION TABLES
- SHOW EXPORT
- SHOW LOAD
- SHOW MATERIALIZED VIEW
- SHOW PARTITIONS
- SHOW PROPERTY
- SHOW REPOSITORIES
- SHOW RESTORE
- SHOW ROUTINE LOAD
- SHOW ROUTINE LOAD TASK
- SHOW SNAPSHOT
- SHOW TABLES
- SHOW TABLET
- SHOW TRANSACTION
- SPARK LOAD
- STOP ROUTINE LOAD
- STREAM LOAD
- Auxiliary Commands
- Data Types
- Function Reference
- Java UDFs
- Window functions
- Lambda expression
- Aggregate Functions
- Array Functions
- Bit Functions
- Bitmap Functions
- Conditional Functions
- Cryptographic Functions
- Date Functions
- date_sub, subdate
- Geographic Functions
- JSON Functions
- Overview of JSON functions and operators
- JSON operators
- JSON constructor functions
- JSON query and processing functions
- Map Functions
- Math Functions
- String Functions
- Pattern Matching Functions
- Percentile Functions
- Scalar Functions
- Utility Functions
- cast function
- hash function
- System variables
- User-defined variables
- Error code
- System limits
- SQL Reference
- Data Migration
- Query Dump
- Other FAQs
- Contribute to StarRocks
- Code Style Guides
- Use the debuginfo file for debugging
- Development Environment
- Trace Tools
This topic provides answers to some frequently asked questions about deployment.
How do I bind a fixed IP address with the
priority_networks parameter in the
For example, if you have two IP addresses: 192.168.108.23 and 192.168.108.43. You might provide IP addresses as follows:
- If you specify the addresses as 192.168.108.23/24, StarRocks will recognize them as 192.168.108.43.
- If you specify the addresses as 192.168.108.23/32, StarRocks will recognize them as 127.0.0.1.
There are the following two ways to solve this problem:
- Do not add "32" at the end of an IP address or change "32" to "28".
- You can also upgrade to StarRocks 2.1 or later.
Why does the error "StarRocks BE http service did not start correctly, exiting" occur when I start a backend (BE) after installation?
When installing a BE, the system reports a startup error: StarRocks Be http service did not start correctly, exiting.
This error occurs because the web services port of the BE is occupied. Try to modify the ports in the
be.conf file and restart the BE.
What do I do when the error occurs: ERROR 1064 (HY000): Could not initialize class com.starrocks.rpc.BackendServiceProxy?
This error occurs when you run programs in Java Runtime Environment (JRE). To solve this problem, replace JRE with Java Development Kit (JDK). We recommend that you use Oracle's JDK 1.8 or later.
Why does the error "Failed to Distribute files to node" occur when I deploy StarRocks of Enterprise Edition and configure nodes?
This error occurs when Setuptools versions installed on multiple frontends (FEs) are inconsistent. To solve this problem, you can execute the following command as a root user.
yum remove python-setuptools rm /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/setuptool* -rf wget https://bootstrap.pypa.io/ez_setup.py -O - | python
Can FE and BE configurations of StarRocks be modified and then take effect without restarting the cluster?
Yes. Perform the following steps to complete the modifications for an FE and a BE:
- FE: You can complete the modification for an FE in one of the following ways:
ADMIN SET FRONTEND CONFIG ("key" = "value");
ADMIN SET FRONTEND CONFIG ("enable_statistic_collect" = "false");
curl --location-trusted -u username:password \ http://<ip>:<fe_http_port/api/_set_config?key=value>
curl --location-trusted -u root:root \ http://192.168.110.101:8030/api/_set_config?enable_statistic_collect=true
- BE: You can complete the modification for a BE in the following way:
curl -XPOST -u username:password \ http://<ip>:<be_http_port>/api/update_config?key=value
Note: Make sure that the user has permission to log in remotely. If not, you can grant the permission to the user in the following way:
CREATE USER 'test'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY '123456'; GRANT SELECT_PRIV ON . TO 'test'@'%';
What do I do if the following error occurs: Failed to get scan range, no queryable replica found in tablet:11903
This error occurs when a BE does not have enough disk space to load data from Flink. The data cannot be distributed evenly to all disks after disk expansion.
Patches to this bug is still under active development. Currently, you can troubleshoot it in the following two ways:
- Manually distributing data on all disks.
- If the data on these disks is not important, we recommend deleting the disks. After you delete the disks and switch the disk directory, this error occurs again. You can then truncate the 11903 table to solve it.
Why does the error "Fe type:unknown ,is ready :false." occur when I start an FE during the cluster restart?
Check if the leader FE is running. If not, restart the FE nodes in your cluster one by one.
Why does the error "failed to get service info err." occur when I deploy the cluster?
Check if OpenSSH Daemon (sshd) is enabled. If not, run the
/etc/init.d/sshd`` status command to enable it.
Why does the error "Fail to get master client from
cache. ``host= port=0 code=THRIFT_RPC_ERROR" occur when I start a BE?
netstat -anp |grep port command to check whether the ports in the
be.conf file are occupied. If so, replace the occupied port with a free port and then restart the BE.
Why does the error "Failed to transport upgrade files to agent host. src:…" occur when I upgrade a cluster of the Enterprise Edition?
This error occurs when the disk space specified in the deployment directory is insufficient. During the cluster upgrade, the StarRocks Manager distributes the binary file of the new version to each node. If the disk space specified in the deployment directory is insufficient, the file cannot be distributed to each node. To solve this problem, add data disks.
Why does the FE node log on the diagnostics page of StarRocks Manager display "Search log failed." for a newly deployed FE node that is running properly?
By default, StarRocks Manager obtains the path configuration of the newly deployed FE within 30 seconds. This error occurs when the FE starts slowly or does not respond within 30 seconds due to other reasons. Check the log of Manager Web via the path:
/starrocks-manager-xxx/center/log/webcenter/log/web/``drms.INFO(you can customize the path). Then find that whether the message "Failed to update FE configurations" display in the log. If so, restart the corresponding FE to obtain the new path configuration.
Why does the error "exceeds max permissable delta:5000ms." occur when I start an FE?
This error occurs when the time difference between two machines is more than 5s. To solve this problem, align the time of these two machines.
How do I set the
storage_root_path parameter if there are multiple disks in a BE for data storage?
storage_root_path parameter in the
be.conf file and separate values of this parameter with
;. For example:
Why does the error "invalid cluster id: 209721925." occur after an FE is added to my cluster?
If you do not add the
--helper option for this FE when starting your cluster for the first time, the metadata between two machines is inconsistent, thus this error occurs. To solve this problem, you need to clear all metadata under the meta directory and then add an FE with the
Why Alive is
false when an FE is running and prints log
This issue occurs when more than half of memory of Java Virtual Machine (JVM) is used and no checkpoint is marked. In general, a checkpoint will be marked after the system accumulates 50,000 pieces of log. We recommend that you modify the JVM's parameters of each FE and restarting these FEs when they are not heavily loaded.
- How do I bind a fixed IP address with the priority_networks parameter in the fe.conf file?
- Why does the error "StarRocks BE http service did not start correctly, exiting" occur when I start a backend (BE) after installation?
- What do I do when the error occurs: ERROR 1064 (HY000): Could not initialize class com.starrocks.rpc.BackendServiceProxy?
- Why does the error "Failed to Distribute files to node" occur when I deploy StarRocks of Enterprise Edition and configure nodes?
- Can FE and BE configurations of StarRocks be modified and then take effect without restarting the cluster?
- What do I do if the following error occurs: Failed to get scan range, no queryable replica found in tablet:11903
- Why does the error "Fe type:unknown ,is ready :false." occur when I start an FE during the cluster restart?
- Why does the error "failed to get service info err." occur when I deploy the cluster?
- Why does the error "Fail to get master client from cache. ``host= port=0 code=THRIFT_RPC_ERROR" occur when I start a BE?
- Why does the error "Failed to transport upgrade files to agent host. src:…" occur when I upgrade a cluster of the Enterprise Edition?
- Why does the FE node log on the diagnostics page of StarRocks Manager display "Search log failed." for a newly deployed FE node that is running properly?
- Why does the error "exceeds max permissable delta:5000ms." occur when I start an FE?
- How do I set the storage_root_path parameter if there are multiple disks in a BE for data storage?
- Why does the error "invalid cluster id: 209721925." occur after an FE is added to my cluster?
- Why Alive is false when an FE is running and prints log transfer: follower?